Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Can't do it alone!

Sooo....been a long time since I posted anything.  I hope that will change and I can do better at this and post more often.


I have always been a "no I got this", "I can do it alone", "nope I don't need any help" kind of girl.  I don't know why that is.  I could start making guesses as to why and I have a few really valid reasons I am sure, but none of those are really important.  I am just super independent.
I know my last post mentioned why I love trees so much.  If you haven't read it, I would love for you to check it out.  I have always loved paintings of a single tree on a hill...or off to the side of a pasture.  Trees make me happy.  It makes me think of that family tree that I love so much.  I mean come on....look at that picture!  Beautiful!!




Recently my brother in law had to have a sextuple bypass...rather unexpectedly.  And yes you read that correctly...SEXTUPLE!  That would be 6....count them....6!!!  He was only supposed to have a quadruple (4).  My sister and her husband's family and friends immediately rallied when they told everyone.  My mom and I drove out to help with my nieces and to be there for my sister and her husband as well.  I was beside myself with worry.  I trust the Lord entirely and know that His way is best...but it was so hard not to give in to that worry.  I am a doer and a fixer so I wanted to do anything and everything I could to help.  I would have preferred to make it just go away all together.  I had to "settle" for praying and just being there.




Surgery was a success and he is doing great!  It was blessing to see God move that day for him.  He is a great husband, father, and friend!  So thankful God heard our prayers and he is on the mend!


On our drive home from Arkansas we left just before dawn to avoid traffic on the way.  It was hard to leave but we needed to get back.  It always is difficult to say goodbye because that area just screams "home" to me and my family is there, but this time is was harder.  My girls were tired so they went straight to sleep and my mom dozed off as well.  I had some quiet time to just drive and reflect on our week.  The sun was coming up over the fields (lot of flat, farm area through there) and the trees.  I always feel like it is one of the most beautiful drives.  I really wish I could have taken a chance to take a picture of the sunrise.  This picture is from last June when we were headed home...so you get the idea.

As I was driving...watching the sun come up from behind the trees...I couldn't help but notice the families of trees.  The trees that were together...not the single trees...were just as beautiful and mesmerizing as my single tree on the hill.  Those trees were huddled together on the side of a field or surrounding a family cemetery.  The sun...The Son...was showing me something I had been missing. He wanted me to see them with Him shining through in the background.  For me, it was just a visual of what I had been experiencing that week.  We need family.  We need people in our lives that speak truth to us.  We are not made to function alone.  He has designed us in that we shine the best when we are surrounded by family.


Whether your family comes together for you in times of need to pray, give up a day of work to come sit with you, cook a meal, love on your kiddos, change a flat, listen for hours at your struggles...or the many other things that they could do...that is what God's design for you us is.  Community!  The great thing about that is...sometimes we are blessed for that family to include friends.  And in some cases friends are our family.  I am thankful I have a great mix of both!  We can't do this alone!  Thankfully I don't have to and I hope you don't either.

I leave you with these:
(I love the different versions of this verse!)
"A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need. "  Prov. 17:17 (NLT)
"A friend loves at all times..."  Prov 17:17 (NIV)
"Friends love through all kinds of weather, and families stick together in all kinds of trouble. " (MSG)

"And let us consider and give attentive, continuous care to watching over one another, studying how we may stir up (stimulate and incite) to love and helpful deeds and noble activities".  Hebrews 10:24 (AMP)


No comments: