Tuesday, November 9, 2010

too many irons...to even blog!

Well it is obvious from the date of my last blog that I have way too much going on. haha! April of '09! Really? Of course since there will only be about 5 people who read this...I don't think there is a big concern there. LOL!
So....I am very excited about Thanksgiving. More excited about Christmas...but I am trying to be patient. I love this time of year. I want to cook and bake. I want to be around a lot of people visiting, eating, and just hanging out. So...on our menu...turkey, ham, corn, mashed potatoes, and rolls by me. Dressing and congealed salad usually come from Becky. And we gotta have sweet tea to drink.
Now dessert? Oh mercy..."Ms Peggy's Pecan Pies"...a yummy goodness a sweet lady in Arkansas brought to my Aunt Bec and Uncle Jimmy's house when my Auntie passed away a few years ago. Somehow she managed to get them to their house STILL WARM. They are individual pecan pies...so cute! They are so scrumptious!! Some kind of pumpkin dessert...but I don't like pumpkin pie. So, usually a pumpkin cake or roll. :) Kenni Grace informed me that she wants apple pie too. I think we might have more desserts than food. Island is for food...but the buffet...that is reserved for all the yummy goodness of dessert-ville. :)
I love having extra folks over too. One year we had five different families here counting ours...okay so there wasn't but about 15...but it was fun. Always looking for refuges to come! haha! Kenny has to work Thanksgiving this year...so it is looking like it is going to be small...just 5. That means we get to nap-time faster! ;) Seriously though...it stinks...because he makes the BEST mashed potatoes.
I love the whole cooking scene with the parade in the background. Hopefully Lola won't cut her hair this year! True story...that happened about 4 years ago. Ugh! Right in the middle of me cooking and going crazy getting everything ready. Man I could have strangled her. haha!
Umm...confession time...the best part is...the next day we go pick out our Christmas Tree! I so LOVE doing this. We go to Sandy Hollar Farm in Leicester and walk around until we find the "perfect" one. Daddy cuts it down by hand...because he is a manly-man...and we love him for it. We bring it home and pull out the gazillion boxes and get to decorating. And decorating...that doesn't happen without Elvis going in the background! Man...I can't wait! I am ready how bought you? I hope whoever reads this has an amazing Thanksgiving spent with family and friends! What a blessed person I am and I am so very thankful for everything the Lord has given me. God Bless!

No comments: